Wednesday 15 August 2012

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

This blog post was originally going to be another rant about how badly I seem to run at poker lately, or more accurately, how badly I'm playing. But after winning a twitter RT competition on Monday night I'm feeling a little more positive. As you know, twitter RT competitions require an extreme amount of skill. After hitting the RT button, I forgot about it and carried on with the rest of my day. Later that night I got a DM saying I'd won! RESULT! What had I won? 'The Blue Book' by Reid Young. For anyone not familiar with this book (I wasn't) it currently sells for $1000. Yes. ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS. For a book. My first thought was 'who on earth would pay $1000 for a book'. After a little more research I found out it originally sold for $2500. TWO AND HALF THOUSAND DOLLARS. For a book. It must be good!. The author, Reid Young, is a very successful poker pro from North Carolina, and after a few messages of thanks and giving him my address to ship to, he also seems like a really nice guy. He can be found on twitter here http://twitter.com/Shootaaa

Once I have read it I will post a review. 
I won't go into the exact content of the book, as quite frankly, I'd like to keep that just for me!


Look forward to seeing you all soon at $600NL  :0)







No comments:

Post a Comment